PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B747-400 Combi
Thread: B747-400 Combi
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2006, 08:39
Deskjocky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eraser, old mate, I’ve just seen this movie too many times before. Every time something like this comes along people (staff members) get stuffed up when it goes belly up. If you want an example of how an airline should start up and grow look at how Nationwide did it- perhaps even 1Time (the jury is still very much out on this but I have a feeling they are going to make a go of it) Long haul ops are not for the uninitiated – the costs are astronomical and returns are always under pressure due to competitive action on all fronts.

Strong words- perhaps…. lets just say if there was such an “undiscovered” market worth exploiting then other carriers will definitely also be looking at it- data is freely available in terms of gauging what carriers are doing what on a particular route- if one carrier looks to be making some cash the others swoop down like a pack of vultures- and that’s just the “traditional” carriers- then you have the chaps from the desert that seem bent on world domination.

Against this a start up- who does not have any feed from an alternative route network or any other way of making money is going to find it very hard to survive- I know its not what you want to hear but those are the facts