PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Supervised" solo flight
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2006, 08:26
Head Turner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I can enlist onto a flying course, do a number of hours flying then go to McDonalds/Burger King etc in the high street and get a license just on my say so. No forms to fill in, no licensed examiner, no check on medical or proof of meeting minimum requirements.........wow!!!...is this normal, the FAA way with many back doors from which students are able to get licenses. Could be a language problem of course in that 'solo' in American means something different to the English meaning. Trouble with us in the old world, we get behind the times and have standards which we cling to.

This dubious student must have been particularly dumb, firstly to pay out for the training and secondly to believe that there was no requirement to do any study. Had he ever got the manuals out he might have come across some rules and regulations.

A pretty sharp outfit that he trained with....probably was paid up front and did a couple of hours and sent him away with a license.

I could have got a university degree by just writing to an address in the USA, are flying licenses just a complex?