PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bumped from BA First in Beijing
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2006, 13:21
apaddyinuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rsoman
Paddy - Airline managers may make unpalatable decisions for the good of the company. You as a cabin crew/others in customer service are employed to make them palatable for the customers! The managers do their job, you do yours!
Is that really what you believe??? You must be one of those BA managers then. You clearly dont know your product OR your employees. You also dont know my job well either, you just care about your own progression.

If a BA customer is unhappy about something its not my job to make them eat it, its my job to discuss it with them, find out how we could make it better and to follow through by advising them what they should do next....hence those bloody comment cards which I know never get read. This is what we are trained to do and therefore its a rule set down by a fellow manager. So get that right for starters and you may do well.

Your job as a BA manager (again assuming that you are as you seem so defensive on the matter) should be to find out why our customers are flocking to other airlines and losing us revenue and to find a way to stop it. Not come up with a new buzz word like "Service WOW" and get a hefty bonus for it while somewhere passengers are less then wowed when their luggage goes missing for the umpteenth time, planes departing late through no fault of the ground staff or crew but because the transport buses dont have enough drivers because "we need to be ready for T5 TWO YEARS EARLY", crap food onboard and premium customers being refused boarding on a shabby looking plane because its over booked!!! Its not our job to clean up your poor management decisions.

But I have every belief that willie is gunning for your type because I know he is looking at these sort of inefficient decisions from his management.

P.S...Apols for the spelling, my spell check is knackered!