PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bumped from BA First in Beijing
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2006, 11:53
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
apaddyinuk
So yes, BA is being let down by short sighted managers and both the passengers and the crew/ground staff are left to suffer. This has been going on for many years and is still only the tip of the iceberg. You may moan that its the Willie effect but I assure you that its been going on a lot longer then that.
As I say (probably too often) this is just what EVERY biz does. I know that we are discussing one particular airline in a forum for airlines but many folks give the impression that they have never met this kind of corporate behaviour before. I see it in almost every company that I use. Last Saturday dear old Hilton Hotels failed the test. The BA special promotion ground to a halt upon arrival at 20:30 and the room ordered was not available. Fortunately, I had printed confirmation from their web site and a compromise was reached. Now to write the letter.

rsoman
BA as I understand made a proft for the first time after TEN years in their FIRST product
Is that because of the way in which they have sliced up the costs and revenue? Have they done one of those projects to work out what percentage of the cost of the flight supports First/Biz/WTP/WT and then diced up the revenue? If so, then I have seen that game played for 20 years and the results can be so satisfying - to the accountants! I recently stopped giving time and money to a charity because they had done that and so were able to 'state' that some volunteers could donate even more money. I chose not to have my donation doubled and they lost

F3G
The average lifespan of Fortune 500 companies over the years tells its own story.
Yes, indeed! BA is now past it's apogee and it is important for everyone to correctly anticipate the trajectory of it's decline. I do not say this in any malicious way (and do not hold shares in ANY airline) it is simply the way that human beings work.

Last edited by PAXboy; 26th Sep 2006 at 13:34. Reason: grammar