PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The right camera
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2006, 22:20
jumpseater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just wish I knew how Nut Loose produces pics like that with a Canon. Presumably hours of post-processing?
I have to take you to task on that one HD. You appear to be suggesting that Canon requires significant time in post processing, as opposed to other manufacturers, which is complete If that were the case the professionals would have deserted Canon in their droves to find a quicker/easier product. After all time is money. That they have not and people like John Dibbs use them firmly indicates otherwise. Many of my images require no correction at all.
Heres two recent images. Total processing time from the RAW data is about two minutes. I'm including downloading from the CF card here too. All I've done with them is convert them to JPEG and reduced their size for this page, with the loss of quality that that entails. Software package used is from Google, a free download.

You may have a personal opinion that Canon images take longer to produce a quality shot, but it's not borne out by the facts. When freelancing at a sports event for a local rag, working with their photographer, the choices were made solely on the image, nothing to do with 'post processing time'. In getting images published we were about 50/50, him Nikon, me Canon. If there were any time issues that's where you'd find them, on the metaphorical front line. Trust me there aren't any.
rgds JS