PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crew incapacitation (Ryanair)
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2006, 16:31
AERO_STUDENT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a FO on the 737 in the UK, can I offer my 2p worth that if I were in a similar situation, I'd have absolutely no qualms about returning over a longer distance to a much better equipped much more familiar airfield. Within reason of course, and only when there's a few minutes difference as in this case.

If (and I don't know this) the RYR crew were STN based, I'd be much more tempted to go do the approach at a place I know inside out, rather than somewhere requiring much much more 'thinking' about etc.

Obviously if the guy's breathing his last then the most expeditious option is probably the better...

Incidentally too, in our airline SOP is to autoland after an incap....Autolands are sometihng we're not allowed to do from the RHS in day to day ops....so do you do something very new and non-standard during this high capacity time, or stick with a manual landing as per every day?? With good weather I'm afraid I'd fly the landing and argue against that particular SOP later.....but maybe that's for another thread.