PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bumped from BA First in Beijing
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2006, 12:18
apaddyinuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zed3
Sorry PaddyUK . The bottom line is service . The more you pay - L450 in economy or L5000 in First makes the difference , that's BUSINESS . There is no excuse for overbooking in First - that's part of what one pays for . The bottom line maybe shareholder profits but it's the customer who makes the profit - especially the First Class one , he should not be let down by shortsighted managers who only think of the bonus or promotion . If BA continues to carry on with this policy then I would think that the BA managers are not seriously thinking about BA's (and their) future .
RMAC...You may want to listen to this too because yes, I am actually BA cabin crew!!!

As I said, BA Management are trying to stretch revenues as much as possible. Much of the management come from other industries and are not familiar with "good" customer service and feel they can make decisions as there will always be others who clean up the mess...e.g...the crew and the ground staff!!! These managers think their policies which have a detremental effect on the customer are acceptable when they are clearly not. So yes, BA is being let down by short sighted managers and both the passengers and the crew/ground staff are left to suffer. This has been going on for many years and is still only the tip of the iceberg. You may moan that its the Willie effect but I assure you that its been going on a lot longer then that.

Now I may only be a lonesome cabin crew member but I am doing a business degree, have a strong management head on me and also a lot of common sense so I feel confident enough to understand the rational of BA management but also to disagree and criticise it.

Sadly, the bottom line is no longer service but infact profit earning and empire building at BA!

HOWEVER.... I would recommend that if you are not happy with BA and decide to move away from the airline (please dont, I need my job to pay of uni) please send a letter explaining exactly why you are leaving. I do know that there are some people in the airline capable of listening still and can bring about change!!! Or maybe its just be being niave!!!