PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL Pilot Exodus
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2006, 21:12
Soundbarviolatr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Memberships

Originally Posted by rjmore
Unfortunately, we cannot make it to the event. I have flown with and know several Filipinos in the airline world so perhaps things are changing. I would suggest perhaps that maybe you make a provision for people to join your group even if they are not Filipino.

I know you wish to keep things pure in that respect, but it never hurts to have additional help. OBAP has white members and Women in Aviation has male members. Just realize, in excluding groups you may be limiting your own groups power. I think you should focus on your cause and those that support it rather than the naionality of specific members. Just my bit of advice and two cents. Good Luck!!

Thank you for pointing that out. The disadvantages of such policies have been considered before they were put into place. Although the policy may limit the Organization's immediate reach, it will also protect it's resources, which includes friends that are not members yet instrumental to our network.

In it's infancy, we have to maintain it's integrity to ensure the platform that we build upon is pure. As we grow and stabilize, this policy may later be revisited and amended by the Board of Executives to consider a select number of individuals that have proven to be vital to our mission as honorary members.

It's great news to hear more and more Filipinos are making it to the Regionals. We are just starting to punch through the barrier.

Effrego Obex,
SBV

Last edited by Soundbarviolatr; 25th Sep 2006 at 01:45.