PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ppl training.
Thread: ppl training.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2006, 20:57
Pitts2112

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aviator001
my plan is to do a cheap ppl in a jaa approved school and then do my distance learning atpl's here in ireland. i only want to do the ppl cheap because i have a budget for my training and i want to be able to pick and choose better places for ME IR etc. i do not see what is wrong with this decision. at the end of the day, a ppl licence is the same qualification if i pay 10k here or 5k over there. i feel a good IR school is better that the most reccommended ppl out there if i can only afford to go all out on 1 or the other....
Flawed logic, mate. Your initial training as a pilot is the single most important aspect of your aviation career. If you don't get a good grasp of the fundamentals, you'll be wasting your time on ME and IR. And it's not how much money you planned on spending that prompted my answer, but your attitude to how you spend it. Nothing you've said in this post has caused me to change my original opinion.

Train at a place that is economical and honest (as you say, no need to spend £10K when it can be done adequately for £5) and look carefully at their factilities and aircraft. If they are cheap because they skimp on investment in the machines, you can bet the rest of the operation will follow suit.

Pitts2112