PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R/T status in KL FIR
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2006, 05:38
veloo maniam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATC Courtesy

Fair Pilot...tks for your input. Let me offer my apologies for the irritant reply by the female ATCler. I feel sad when ATClers shout and potray their displeasure at pilots.ATClers need to be firm but not irritating. What we tend to forget is that the reception varies at different locations.Either we dont get u or u dont get us. Hence the BP goes up. Of course there are times too when pilots goof up and irritate us but then again we are trained to handle matters politely. There is one particular airline who just keeps silent when restrictions are given. However if they want a higher level or deviation, the response is immediate.Not once or twice but 95% of the time .I have personally called six times before I got a response whereas others nearby and further away were reading us strength 5. Basically most ATClers try their best in not losing their temper BUT once in awhile it happens. To err is human to forgive is divine, so goes the saying. Just for your info, the 132.6 sector (known as Sector 3) is a busy sector. If u had read my earlier threads, one single controller has to monitor traffic in n out of KLIA/SZB via PK/Padli, VKB,IGARI, to n fro PEN via VKB and tfc to n fro BKK/SIN etc. I do not understand why despite the decision to split this sector long ago, the progress is still at snails pace. Perhaps the ATS Division believes that if we can handle it for so long why not continue. Take heart my friend, we are trying to improve. I have a brother in law who flies the jumbo with MAS. Whenever we meet n talk about ATC in Malaysia n most other parts of the world, we are not that too bad although there is room for improvement. what say u? Malaysia pun boleh