PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So Whats Wrong With Bristows Mauritanian Operation
Old 23rd Sep 2006, 05:31
UWOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was suggested that I reply to this thread anonymously but I was open with the company so I will be open with you guys.

I was the Engineer concerned and ML I did not Jump I Walked.!

I endeavoured to take advantage of the Companies " My door is always open policy" pop in and have a chat, So I advised both the Operations Manager & the Head of HR of the ongoing problems I had encountered in Mauritania, I also raised several Serious Flight Safety Issues.

This was nothing they and other senior management (PB) had heard before on there visits in country.

Let me clarify one point before I go any farther, NON of the Flight Safety issues raised relate to any of the Few remaining carde of company pilots who have being on the operation since its onset, I have always found they have operated in a most Professional manner often under the most difficult of circumstances.

The results of my actions, Well it appears the main Problem still exists, I say Problem in the singular as that is how it manifests its self Singular, Short, Stocky, & French.

As for the Flight Safety issues raised well I guess the Monthly AAIB reports will reflect those.

Lessons Learned :

1. It appears Flight Safety takes second place to Profit Related Bonus Schemes.

2. That open door leads to a Travel Agent with only Two locations on the books NIGERIA or the JOB CENTRE I chose the later.

I think one of the new Pilots sums up the situation in Mauritania, when asked how he found himself there, His reply " IM CHEAP"

Anyone need an A+P EASA LAE 212/412 Willing to travel.

Last edited by UWOT; 24th Sep 2006 at 12:11. Reason: Edit Para