PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ppl training.
Thread: ppl training.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2006, 22:49
Pitts2112

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aviator001
do my ppl in the cheapest jaa or caa approved school known to man. so far ormond beach looks good, (never mind all the bad reviews it got)
I have to say I've never understood this approach. Do you do everything in life in the cheapest way possible? Do you do all your shopping in The Pound Store? Do you buy the cheapest car possible, the cheapest shoes, the cheapest clothes, the cheapest tools? Did it ever occur to ask WHY this flying school is the cheapest? You're willing to throw your good money (and your safety) after other peoples' bad by ignoring "all the bad reviews it got". You don't sound like the brightest bulb in the box and I'm not sure your approach is one that's going to see you live to be an old pilot.

Why is it that people that will make a perfectly rational decision about value for money spending when it comes to something like a pair of jeans but are more than willing to launch themselves into the air with an outfit that is simply the cheapest? I'd much rather wear a pair of low quality jeans and know I'm getting value for money in the quality stakes with my training outfit.

Pitts2112
Economical, but not miserly, private pilot