PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R/T status in KL FIR
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2006, 13:26
veloo maniam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KLIA Single Runway Ops

Hi Flightleader...tks for the compliments. It is true that we ATClers are seeing ourselves as Air Traffic Managers rather than ATClers. The ATS Division has been quite active this year with their Safety Courses here and there. I personally too have been 'educating' a number of young controllers about this air traffic management thing and also that we are service providers for which the Government is paying us. It is therefore our duty to provide the best form of ATS(air traffic services) to all who use the Malaysian FIR. The problem is that only a few of us pride in ourselves as ATClers whereas most of them just consider it as a job( just over bored). I just love this job and would always endeavour to give my best. We are also encouraged to see the director of ATS dropping by during the night shifts to see how things are going. All these highlights by u guys are paying off too.U know..many are reading your inputs too especially in ATC. Tks for your support. I believe it is working bothways. About the rwy upgrading for the A380, there is nothing much any one of us can do. I believe the tenders and contracts have all been given out and work has to go on.Yes ATC has the figures but it is MAHB that is calling the shots.Sorry..ATC can't offer any help here. There is a joke that goes about like this. In every marriage there are 4 rings. The engagement Ring, the wedding Ring, the suffeRing and finally the enduRing. Depends in which phase one is.