PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Introduction of Anti-Ageism Regulations 1st October?
Old 21st Sep 2006, 21:03
iamtheone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you look at other sponsorships in the aviation industry you will see that they too have their age limits. For eample NATS - you cannot apply after 28th birthday... Eurocontrol - you can not apply after your 26 birthday. I suppose that CTC must have criteria they have to meet from the corporate partners. CTC must have to draw the line somewhere. Generally where they get the best results. I dont know how peoples performance in different age brackets corrolate - maybe that isnt even an issue. I suppose it may not seem fair, especially if you have just crossed that upper age boundary. I dont think it is discrimination, i think its a personal preferance from the company. They couldnt train a 55 year old from scratch because his/her service life would be too short so there would be no benifit to anyone in doing so. I have always heard that you learn faster as a younger person, thats not to say anyone older cannot learn fast either.. but in an ab-initio scenario it must keep the costs down for CTC if the cadets manage to get through everything easily.