PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R/T status in KL FIR
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2006, 09:38
flightleader

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Veloo,

Please send my regards to all the ATCers for doing a good job. I've notice that they are now efficient and comfortable enough too space a/c down to 5nm on approach and around 7nm with departure in between.

As for better improve the current situation, may I suggest ATCers bring this up to high authorities:

The recent runway closure for upgrade had cause much delays to ALL aircrafts. MAHB has plan to switch runway once 14R is completed. Same sort of delays can be expected except it would be longer ground time on arrival instead of departure.It would still be delays. The runway upgrade is to prepare for A380. Now with Airbus delayed delivery,which we may well see another announcement very soon, MAS's A380 may not come next year or or the year after or it may never come at all!!! With today's airlines that fly in and out of KLIA, which one of them could use a A380? Not in the next 2 to 3 years. Simply because these airlines would not get their a/c yet.OK, even if they get it, they could not fill it up with KLIA's traffic! Let examine which airline uses B747 at this stage: Saudi, MAS, Lufthansa once in a blue moon...who else? Just a hand full. Therefore, what's the hurry to upgrade both the runways?? Wouldn't one runway be enough to cater the "occational future" use by the A380? I suggest MAHB should DELAY 2nd runway upgrade until there is solid ground to show that one of these big plane is actually gonna use this airport!

I'm suggesting this to be done by ATCers simply because you have the figures of a/c movements,we drivers don't.