PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 3
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 3
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2006, 15:50
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Globespans Sunday NCL-YHM operations wef S07......
I'm surprised that not more comments received on this rather curious operation. To clarify we are one of seven different stop off's on the daily STN to YHM route which stops at a different UK regional airport enroute depending upon as to what day of the week it is! It does seem to me that for a new operator this is taking on too much, i.e. EXT one day EDI, LPL or wherever the next, I hope the crew don't get confused, certainly a novelty for any STN-YHM frequent flyers
This does lead on to an interesting point as to whether there is actually the demand (at least from NCL) for a weekly service. If one reviews the current availability of the 2006 Air Transat/fly Globespan NCL-YYZ route, for Sept & Oct 06 departures, seats remain available for £49 one way, clearly a give away, and hardly suggesting that there will be an uplift in demand for a 2007 GSM Toronto service (non YYZ !) outside the traditional holiday period where one way GSM 'cattle' (below 'y') seats are currently on sale at well over £200 one way.
Anyhow is this service likely to attract any 'non tourist, punters? YHM is hardly a major hub for anward connections.
Then do I recall an earlier posting on this thread suggesting that there is to be a second operator to YYZ from NCL ? I really can not see this working.
GSM would have done much better had they been able to opertate a STN - DXB via 7 UK regional airports..............