PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Extra FJ for Afghanistan
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2006, 05:59
Jack Aubrey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a whole Harrier?

Let me see if I have this right...

The dilution level of 'managers' to aeroplanes is now so ludicrous that we need the SoS for Defence to announce the movement of one aeroplane. No doubt the mission was authorised by CAS, briefed by CinC Strike, and flown by the AOC! I bet the team of 4 Gp Capt crewchiefs...

How many AirMarshals? How many aeroplanes?

Could this be the result of the military's recent breaks through in holistic systems approach thinking and 'whole life, whole system' systems engineering paradigm shift inspired management techniques, best exemplified by the startling improvements in force multiplication strategies (incorporating lean, just in time asset management whilst retaing sufficient surge capability to ramp up equipment capability before drawing down to maintain peace support operations for many hot places for many, many years) recently demonstrated in the, er, em - well if you are not in step with these solutions you are part of the problem.

You couldn't make this farce up - you would be sectioned, as should most of the technophobe intellectual dynamos of the new systems generation!

And Jesus wept!