PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Pilot Down-bid?
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2006, 19:43
bcflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bruce. As much as I would love to see some sort of GS, I think it will be an even harder sell this time around. There are a ton of very bitter Jazz pilots that have been PFO'd for no apparent reason other than they work at Jazz. (I know many of them and they are exceptionally good people, very experienced and would all have been great AC employees) Its pretty hard to take when you have 8000hrs +, including alot of Jet, EFIS FMS etc etc experience, and you are turned down in favor of someone who has none of the above, and who has half of the experience level. I'm not bitching, just relaying the feelings in the crew room, as I am one of the lucky ones that managed to get hired at AC. (although I'm frozen at Jazz for a while yet) The obove guys are not going to be very happy ending up behind someone that was just hired 5 months ago. I wish there was a simple way to sort this whole thing out and present a unified front. It would benefit all of us to no end. I guess the hard part is that someone will have to give something up so that we can all get more in the long run. I hate to say it but we may have missed the boat on this one when talks broke down during CCAA. It was the ideal time to come up with some sort of deal. Why the talks broke down is irrelevant at this point. Whats done is done and we are all paying the price now.