PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fear of Pilots Shortage...
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2006, 12:00
AllInGoodTime

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Chimbu

Not wishing to get into an argument with you and complete respect as you are an ATPL flying jets, and I am as I stated not in the industry and as you have stated I am one without the "it" factor. I can assure you I tried very hard and long in this country, I wasn't in a postion where overseas was an option for me. I tried and partly succeded here getting into charter. I believe I did better than 50% of who qualified with me at the same time in that I actually reached a full time position for a time. I made my choices and I have now taken a different path with my career, where I don't get treated like sh*t by every GA operator I either worked for or tried to get work with. I now get paid well in a regular hour job, in an interesting field, not one that I am passionate about but more than happy to do as my life style is now normal and not dictated by a dream and lifestyle that is not real anyway. I admit I am standing by the sidelines making comment now, but I have been in the game before, have mates still in the game and as stated out of the game and I think I have a reasonable feel for the industry. I still feel that "THERE IS NO SHORTAGE OF LOW TIME PILOTS IN THIS COUNTRY AND THE NEVER WILL BE". Yes the time maybe great O/S, but not everyone is in a position to move O/S.

Back to my point, the article in question had a serious bent towards a shortage at some point in this country. IT WILL NOT HAPPEN. The only shortage I hear of is for instructors, and that is the top end of instructing at grade 2 and above.