PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Inverness Radar
Thread: Inverness Radar
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2006, 10:18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hooligan Bill....Good points made....thanks for that.
Now we're getting nearer to the root problem. Completely ineffective management has failed to grasp the unique qualities needed to run H&I airfields. Regulations seem to be applied in a one-size-fits-all methodolgy; surely the ATC regulation needs of an "Inverness" are not the same as a quiet remote location that has only one or two movements per hour. When H&I management realise the penalties of such draconian rules and start to negotiate special exemptions from inappropriate application then there will be light at the end of the tunnel. Inverness should be the crown jewel but instead it is starved of proper resources. You can't run a major regional airport on a shoestring budget that also has to support money-hungry remote airfields that operate to provide grossly uneconomical social needs.
Perhaps there is an argument for a Scottish CAA as part of the Scottish Parliament that is far more in tune with reality.
At one location you seem to have controllers that work busy Approach procedural [in my view the most demanding of all ATC disciplines] and at another location you have one controller who works the one inbound and takes a relief break to allow the second controller to work the one outbound.
Time to get political!