PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SR technics and Gulf air
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2006, 08:34
FlyingSpanner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SRT

It would appear that SRT dont want to go down the road of going for cheaper non european staff.

In fact most of the people working here in BAH are contractors from the UK and not permanent staff from SRT at all. This has advantages and disadvantages.

Disadvantage is that we are expensive, however the offset to this the advantage is that the standard of work is to such a high standard and the attitude to working is such a complete reversal to what I have been used to previously in various parts of the world.

Standard of workmanship I would say is worth the extra (well I would say that as a contractor wouldnt I!!!) The old adage is you get what you pay for. SRT is going to be more expensive than GAMCO. However I think that we are starting to make a dent and make things better.

To the crews out there, please give some feedback as to how you are finding SRT service if you see one of us out there doing some work on your aircraft. We have now got a team dedicated to getting the ADD's down so hopefully over the next few months.

Flying Spanner