PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Inverness Radar
Thread: Inverness Radar
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2006, 16:36
Highland Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Inverness Radar?

Anyone able to update the situation with Inverness Radar - is the equipment in place and staffing issues resolved?
There is no equipment in place; not one single piece.
If radar is to be in place, during full opening hours 7 days a week, by summer I suppose the project's progressing apace and most staff needed are recruited and currently training to some degree.
          The above 4 are the only staff that will realisticly be in a position to provide an APS service next year. That is of course assuming that the equipment is in place and approval is granted and there are no training foul ups either before or during the greenfield training.
          An earlier post hinted that the Lossie agreement may end early next year whether the Inverness radar project is ready or not - is that likely?
          Yes absolutely.
          I understand delays of more than 30 mins are common on the ground during weekends and at other times Lossie aren't providing a service. Can't see the airlines accepting that for long.
          Delays are common on any day of the week sadly. Everybody in ATC at EGPE and Lossie try to do their best. People are quick to point the finger at Lossie but the problems go beyond that. The airport has suffered for years due to a lack of infrastructure. The reality is that HIAL has spent years scratching it's publicly funded ar*e and done naff all about it.

Are those roosting chickens that I can see making their way home?