PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SR technics and Gulf air
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2006, 05:13
LDG NO BLUE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GF Maint

Nice post Flyingspanner, I like to hear what's going on behind the stage.

What we get to see from MCC is that chaos is out there. There was a Memo from a/HOFO asking for understanding of the way GAMCO was dealing with a lot of defects. What I see, is that GAMCO was not putting all the defects on our book, but keeping a record within their knowledge only.

This is the reason why the number of pages in the Tech Log has increased dramatically in the last few months.
I see the arrival of SRTech with very good eyes and I seriously hope that GF gives them all what is required to make it work. We have major delays and last minute aircraft changes, upsetting a large number of passengers. Bad business.

On top of this all, the choice of starting the works in BIA in one of the hottest and definitely most humid period of the year is questionnable. (remember the 3 H? High hot and humid?).

Well, EGT exceedances all over the fleets.

Transmeridien:

I don't see the takeover from UAE investors as a problem. SRTech strategy is/was to increase its capital. One option being going open to the stock market and the other a private investor.
Since the main hub and management will continue the way it is, I welcome this money injection.
During past time we saw a lot of Saudi investment all over the world, specially U.S and U.A.E is doing the same now.
If I had a barrel at 80US I would do the same and Aircraft Maintenance is a good business. Airline business in the shape of GF is bad biz, difficult to make money, specially in a dinosaur, call it "legacy" structure.

Let's look at EK Group, they own everything, from the airport to the duty free, so one wheel turns the other if one is a bit slow.

My 2 cents only. I just hope we get more reliable and serious maintenance. I've seen enough of GAMCO, let me see if the swiss are able to open this Pandora Box called GF maintenance.

Regards to you all,
LNB