PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Security at airports
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2006, 19:13
onion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ealgestar I think your missing my point, I believe that in the current situation yes extra security is needed. I don't dissagree with the fact that pax maybe for it, infact I agree with the current measures in place for pax. My argument was originally specific to mme, which has a separate gate away from the terminal airside where ATC personnel pass through. With it being a small unit all ATC personnel are known.
Why if people who have worked in some cases for 20+years at the airport are now suspects? What has changed since 9/11? Have we not been under threat since then? So why weren't the rules brought in then? The same threats existed then in terms of the fluids this is not a new threat. Yes you may say this is a specific threat, but isn't it the threat that you didn't know about that gets you????
I still believe that if personnel who can't be trusted with water shouldn't be trusted with firearms.
Your argument that we are back to infiltration is i'm sorry to say going to be here for ever you will never stop it no matter what you do.
Yeah terroists tried to infiltrate MI5 by applying for jobs, the checks came back and found them out.