PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Security at airports
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2006, 17:40
Eaglestar7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
onion: The argument is floored either we go back to a sensible way of working or we let terrorists win.

Sorry back to square one here, back to infiltration.

It isn't a matter of "I have had a CRC check", or even a CTC check. MI5 have made it clear that a terrorist will go to any lengths to infiltrate the system. They have publically stated that terrorists have even tried to infiltrate MI5.

We all know that weak spots exist, but I don't think a public forum is the place to discuss these weak areas. Everybody need to work together to weed out these idiots that threaten our way of life. People must try to be more understanding in why it must be done. It was always known that problems would occur. At some airports it maybe more practical to move the 'workers' rest rooms to a landside location, making employers add extra time to lunch breaks.

Whatever you think, the passengers response is generally good. At least 95% of passengers are pleased that we are doing what we're doing, dispite having to remove their liquid items under instruction from the Department For Transport.

Onion: "basic ingredients for a bomb already airside at most airports". Yes, in the kitchen!!

I say, 'let them in, THEN they win'.

Last edited by Eaglestar7; 10th Sep 2006 at 17:47. Reason: to add quote