PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tony Blair's Departure
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2006, 16:47
buoy15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Note that Bliar has visited the families of the 2 Israelis captured by Hezbollah - but not visited many, if any, of the families of UK personall killed out in the ME
As an aside, Ppruners need to do some serious reading - when Dubya came to power, his familly wealth stood at only a few million dollars - since then, through "contracts" in the Middle East, his 'background' brother has massaged the family fortune to about $16 billion!!!
I can only imagine he convinced the locals to supply Wal-Mart with a year round supply of pork sausages and hamburgers for American Bar-B-Qs, at the same time, keeping the cost of a US gallon (4 litres) at $1.80 ( 90p )
If you've not been there - Americans still believe that there are 16 ozs to a pound weight (mass) , so there must be 16 ozs to a gallon - when there are 20! (specific gravity) !
Hencethe difference with pump delivery values and beer glass sizes
When I mentioned this to a fisherman (and RedNeck), he said " Your'e a Brit right?"
I said " Yes, the Pope is not a Catholic and the Mexicans put the first man on the Moon"
He said "Thats ridiculous"
So I said "Yes I agree, but a V12, 5 litre truck doing 12mpg, at $1.80 a gallon to go fishing 2 miles away is also ridiculous"
" No Sir, you don't understand - we always put the fish back, so we don't destroy the ozone layer!!"
Now I understand