PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Security at airports
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2006, 20:07
EGCC4284

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You think that's bad, at an airport in the North West of England a couple of weeks ago, security stopped an engineer taking a can of Heinz Baked Beans airside to where his work station is based and said he had to prove that the was Beans in the tin. The rumour is that he opened the tin up and poured its contents out onto the scanner machine belt????. This is just one story of stupidity that's happening everyday.

Fire extinguishers through the scanner please?????????????????????? Thankfully that has now stopped

Eye wash bottles were going to be confiscated. No eyewash bottles means no refuelling vehicles will go airside. They soon changed their mind on that one. Idiots.

Yes Mr Refueller, you cannot take a bottle of water on the ramp for you to have a drink in this hot summer weather, but you can drive your tanker across the apron with all the aircraft taxiing around with 39,000 litres of aviation fuel on board. ????????????

Chips on their own are fine, but chips with gravy are a security risk. Cannot believe anyone acutely typed that memo.

The number of pilots I speak to every morning who are not in the right frame of mind for flying due to the way they are being treated whilst getting into work. One Captain described it as being treated like cattle. Taking all their toiletries off them due to being a security risk, forgetting that they are actually flying the aircraft and don't need toothpaste to fly it into the houses of parliaments if they wanted to.

Many pilots getting very pissed off. I often think are they in the right frame of mind to be flying and if not, who's fault is that.

CRM is failing hear very much so I think.

The terrorist have won this one.

Last edited by EGCC4284; 9th Sep 2006 at 20:48.