PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL Pilot Exodus
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2006, 19:15
Soundbarviolatr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cereal box

How are these SO/FO trained? Are the standards lowered based on seat assignment?? We ALL have had to spend some time in the books and most of us still do!! But unless the standards are just low to begin with, there is no way a 400 hour pilot can comprehend advanced systems or jet operations, much less the SA to place it to use.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for giving a guy a break, afterall someone did it for me! But have them earn their way up the RIGHT way, with a solid foundation to build upon instead of earning it by kissing the arse of a four bar. @ 1,000 hours a well trained pilot in the US is STILL trying to catch up to the performance of a light twin.

I can Xitch all I want but it seems that this IS normal practice. D6 that's pretty disturbing my friend. I am surprised (and somewhat relieved) that there has not been a lot of accidents out that way...Or are they just not publicized? Are there posted min requirements for hire with each operator, and what has been the lowest TT requirement you have seen?

[quote=Cessna1052;2835034]
Originally Posted by Soundbarviolatr
Spam in a can my friend. I, like most of you have been there and appreciated the chance that was given. But I also knew when and where I belong. I am surprised that major airlines that operate that type of equipement have such low requirements --
Originally Posted by Soundbarviolatr

Lets give them a break, in a way they undergone tremendous training as well. Their Qualification wasn't signed and done overnight, and indeed those guys showed exemplary attitude in studying their lessons.
The only problem? their experience logged time, but sooner or later this Young guys will get it, over-exposed themselves and will be the same guys doing the P.A.'s saying " Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your Captain speaking....."

C1052