PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL Pilot Exodus
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2006, 05:18
Soundbarviolatr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation WTFO?

What is up with all these junior guys getting seats on heavy jets? An acquaintance at 400 hours TT got hired to fly as a B747 SO??? Are things THAT desperate out there? And some of these pud knockers have the nerve to even mention about upgrading?? WTF Over??? I am all for mentoring and giving the guy his first shot in the industry but whatever happened to building a solid foundation; flight instructing, banner towing or traffic reporting and refining the basics to build a solid foundation to stand on! Half of these guys don't even know how to operate boots on a BE200 or a CE500?? I am no cool hand luke, but at the experience level these guys are coming in with they can barely keep up flying in the soup in a Cessna and they are given a seat in a heavy? SPAM IN CAN=At less than 1,500 hours TT and 300 hours of MEL, you do not have any business being in a jet, much less a heavy that carries hundreds of lives in your hands. Just because SOs do not operate at critical phases of flights does not mean it's not dangerous. I will never put the lives of my family in these operators with a kid that can't find his own arse when #2 shells out and takes a portion of the cabin along with it...RD alone would prolly leave him eating the crayons he was using on his coloring books.