PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fully ready?????????
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2006, 23:30
luvmuhud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FCUX meet Redflyin!!

Originally Posted by FCUX
The US maybe a disaster at alot of things, but they have it right with aviation.
FCUX - you need to introduce yourself to Redflyin. A few weeks back he questioned why Cathay seems to have something against US pilots. I don't represent Cathay, but your post provides a pretty good illustration.

Reading your post, I am reminded of a story a QFI mate of mine told. He was on exchange in the US at a military flying school, and was quite humbly trying to explain the concept of base speeds (TAS vs GS calculations) at different temperatures and altitudes on low level navigation sorties. The US instructors looked at him blankly, and one of them replied "We invented flyin' man - what would you know!"

I have worked with a lot of US pilots, and most have been good operators, but unfortunately, a large percentage of pilots from Commonwealth countries seem to have their own personal examples of US arrogance which tends to muddy their opinion of the US community.

As I say, it is unfortunate because in my experience, the US does have a lot of great pilots, and they do build the best aeroplanes in the world!