PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Casa Have Your Say Forum
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2006, 13:51
bonez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes, i attended and overall thought they were trying to sell something that is basically impossible to sell!

having said that, the whole structure of what they are trying to do is wrong, in that they have a budget and are trying to make the charges fit, where they should be establishing charges the industry can accomodate and then working out what they will receive and setting their budget to that number. nobody in private industry could get away with the policy they are trying to follow. it was obvious that if charges were reduced in one area, then in all probability they will increase elsewhere to make up the difference...

some of the participants knew their subject and spoke well, whilst some others were just there for the ride (so it seemed). i did get the feeling that they were there to listen, but only time will tell if any of the ideas and suggestions get to first base ??

if you have the time and some ideas, then it is worth going along and participating in the process. just remember that the charges are there because the Govt said so and your suggestions etc have to fit in with that !!

one thing that did come to light was that they are now looking at the return of the credit card licence, perhaps with an asic id on the back - talk about the wheel turning a full circle - actually i think it is a good idea, especially for PPLs etc who cant really carry the book about ! again time will tell...