PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying in Namibia (Small charters)
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2006, 12:50
Tom_Kitty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Ok, cool fantastic, we all agree Swakop is THE place to be as a pilot. Drunken parties at the skydivers, hot tourists at grünies, cold beer in abundance an foggy weather to sleep of the hangover.

Just remember the unpleasant **** going on as well, low level flights along the coast with 10 planes going in opposite directions at the same height; bitchy charter queens that chase you along with too little fuel ending in emergency landings on the beach; power line or railroad approaches (yes we all did them), hopelessly overweight 210's to "save" money for the company etc, etc, etc
End of the day I suppose it all worked out, nobody has been killed yet ....

Hmmmmm windycorner, I agree, contract flying is not too wonderful, but to an extend it depends what you make of it. I had some great times doing contract flying. Once again, I also like to remember the good times ... but won't ignore the endless crap we had to deal with. Too make up for it I suppose the money is good. That kind of money nobody will, or can earn in Swakop.

Oh and boeta, relax there are some good people on Eros airport, do yourself the favor and get to know some of them.... and by the way, have you discovered the spell checker yet ;-)