PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS - 2
Thread: LEEDS - 2
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2006, 12:23
SASfox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SNAP

Jet2LBA you stole my thunder mate! I too did a day returen yeasterday (6th Sept) £39 rtn to go and see an old work mate and a bit of lunch in Douglas. I flew on the Silver Air Let-410 (OK-SLD i think it was) on both flights. 8 pax and a on time dept in the morning and 16 pax on the return. Very smooth flights. Aircraft is a bit tatty inside but not as bad as the old bmi Fokker's! No loo's on board and at check-in at the IOM there are cards on the desk telling you to go before you fly. No cabin crew or service on board which is fine for a 40 min flight.
The safety breifing was the best part of the flight though with the FO giving the usual speel in broken english. I really liked the bit when he was explaining the life jackets. " these are under your seat for WHEN (not if) we belly land in the sea again" AGAIN!, the 2 business guys said to each other in front of me with a smile. Overall a really nice flight which seem to be going well after only 3 weeks of operations judging by the loads. On the return flight there were only 2 of us not in business dress as it were so i would have thought they would be paying the 'Manx Gold' fares.
Good luck to them for the future.

Last edited by SASfox; 7th Sep 2006 at 18:26.