PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tony Blair's Departure
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2006, 12:16
BluntedAtBirth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by angels
What a lot of pathetic right wing drivel in this thread. Did you march against the war in Iraq? I, my kids and a million others, did.
No. At the time, like lots of other people on this forum, I was otherwise detained overseas, preoccupied by marching towards the war in Iraq.

Anyway, Tories will be praying for Blair to hang on a long as possible, looking forward to a whole 9 months of 'side-splitting' blood letting within the Labour Party.

For those involved in the financial/managerial aspects of defence, it might pay to ponder whether the latest shifts in power will have any effect on the end game of the Comprehensive Spending Review, concluding in Spring 07. While this was always heavily under Treasury control, there may be now be no impediment to Brown 'rebalancing' resources for the next 3 years towards hardworking-families in Labour marginals rather than squandering it on carriers, DAS and mine-proof vehicles. Should make STP08 and 'SDR Chapter 3 - Now do it with even less money' interesting...

Regards

Blunted