PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas At War
Thread: Qantas At War
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2006, 07:38
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reeltime

While I agree with the thrust of your argument and that QF certainly benefited from the collapse of AN, it is infact DJ that had the greatest benefit from their collapse. There were even rumours (unsubstantiated) at the time that if AN didn’t collapse when they did DJ would have run out of cash about two weeks later. Certainly QF had much deeper pockets than AN or DJ and if there was going to be a three way struggle for market supremacy, I’m pretty sure QF would have been the ultimate winner. Whether they would have made any money over that time is anyone’s guess though. I suspect not.

aircraft

You are way out of your depth in this discussion sunshine that you are making yourself look stupid. If is quite obvious from your posts that you aren’t even associated with this industry or even qualified to talk about economic/business matters. I suggest you only open your mouth when you know what you are talking about. Some of us here including myself, have other qualifications outside of aviation which makes us more than qualified and competent to discus what is going on in our industry.