PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blue on Blue in Afghanistan
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2006, 14:01
brickhistory

Originally Posted by Skunkerama
Mind you we used the adage of "Train hard, fight easy". Works well, perhaps that is another thing you could learn from us.

And no matter how much you try to convince people, Larry The Toilet is not funny, he's not even witty or even zany.

Mind you, the septics loved Benny Hill so there is no accounting for taste, and irony is like algebra for you guys.
skunk,

THANK YOU for your sage advice on how the US should train. Now WHY didn't we think of that? That there RED FLAG you run is just the cat's a**! Same for some of those other large force exercises you run (you DO have large forces, don't you? Oh, sorry..........didn't mean to embarass.)

For some reason I just can't fathom (but then I am American, therefore 'blond' in your opinion, me thinks), you choose to focus on a small quote from Larry the Cable Guy and blow it out of proportion. I could care less if you think he or anyone else is funny. My intent in choosing THAT particular qoute of his was to illustrate my point about the US Marines, in particular, being highly motivated to support their own when the ground guys call for help. "Git 'r done" just means do the job and don't whine about it. A lot of his material is moronic, but some of it IS funny. Different strokes and all that.

And say, THAT point comes back to the "what do you think is the difference between US and UK philosophies on shoot or don't shoot" in CAS situations. You seem to have lost focus, but then, does it matter?

Re your oh so original jibe (look it up!) regarding algebra and the like for Americans, fair point. Can we trade you some of our dentists and orthodontists for some of your math instructors?

I'm done with you on this.

Regarding the point of the thread. It is a damn shame that friendlies got schwacked by A-10s. Wish to God it hadn't happened or won't happen again.