View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2006, 09:03
Skunkerama

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SASless
Skunk,

You just stepped on a land mine!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/3847051.stm

Get to googling and determine for yourself how many British fatalities have been Blue on Blue from accidental discharges, suicide, friendly fire, and other non-combat fire arms deathes. The number and percentage is going to astound you just as it did me.

I refrained from making any comment until now because I felt it would not be any good to do so....but since you hopped onto your soap box....and made like Speaker's Corner....I feel it is fair to do so.

Bluntly Sport, the British military is no better than any other military when it comes to popping off stray round that find the wrong mark.

Every casualty, no matter the cause or nationality, cannot be taken for granted and for the individual and families involved all are just as tragic as the next.

If you want to bash Spams at least get yer facts straight before you open your festering gob.

Some how you just do not understand American Humour anymore than some Americans fail to see the funny side of good British Humour.

When Larry the Cable Guy can stand up an mock Rednecks and get them to laugh at themselves....then that is some pretty good humour. Billy Connolly can get Glaswegians to do the same....do you think he is droll as well?
SASless whats up? Feeling a bit cranky last night?
Just to let you know, I didnt make anything up, those were the words straight from that guys mouth. Not my supposed "festering one" which is quite a nice mouth actually, all minty fresh etc.
I havent trodden on a landmine as the accidents that happen withing the US military were used on regular occasions in our briefings and training to point out lessons. The amount of people you were loosing in the 90's to accidents /blue on blue etc was quite appalling. We were never warned about Suicides though so I guess thats where Deep Cut went wrong. Didnt realise that a suicide was now a blue on blue, crikey theres a lot of blue on blues going on in Scandinavia isnt there.
Also having worked with the USMC and have them gobsmacked when they have witnessed our live company attacks in Puerto Rico I can tell you that that one of your main problems is your lack of serious training. I don't know if it has changed but your chaps werent allowed to do Live Firing attacks with any more than a section (8 men) because of safety. They were shocked when they helped marshal our Company attacks 90+ including 81mm mortar / 51 mm Mortar, and GPMG SF also at night.

If your not used to firing live ordnance in the immediate vicinity of your oppos then accidents will happen.

Mind you we used the adage of "Train hard, fight easy". Works well, perhaps that is another thing you could learn from us.

And no matter how much you try to convince people, Larry The Toilet is not funny, he's not even witty or even zany. He is about as talanted as Steve Wright on Radio2. When you have the opportunity to quote Richard Prior, Bill Hicks, Stanhope etc quoteing "Git r Done" is really scraping the bottom. Mind you, the septics loved Benny Hill so there is no accounting for taste, and irony is like algebra for you guys.
Billy Connolly on the other hand used to be very funny and now and then manages to be ok but has seriously lost his way.
Try Peter Cook, Bob Monkhouse (blue stuff), Hancock, Cooper, Morecombe, Merton, Russel Brand etc, listen to those guys and you might not wake up in such a crabby mood as you seem to do, so often.

Last edited by Skunkerama; 6th Sep 2006 at 10:57.