PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ZB 533 01/09/06 ex PMI
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2006, 09:05
cessna l plate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TMS
Where does "racist" come from. I wasn't aware that being a scouser was now a "race", perhaps some elements of PC has passed me by. Just for the record, I spent several happy years learning at Liverpool, and have freinds there that I tell "scouser" jokes to, in the same way that they aim "Manc" jokes at me.

Although the cabin service was appauling in the extreme, that is not the main hub of my original post, my problem was about the safety breifing. The catering side of things whilst dissapointing, was not really going to endanger my life in the event of an accident.

I am not a "stab in the back merchant", there is a letter in a similar vain winging its way to Luton as we speak. No matter what operation an airline run, be it legacy, mainline or lo-co, the fact remains that I have paid for a service and expect it to be delivered. Again, for the record, there was nothing low cost about the fares that I paid, over £600 for me, the missus and daughter. I didn't complain at the time as I was tring to get off an airliner with a 5 year old bored to tears little girl, hardly the time to hold up the rest of the cabin to have a rant!!!!

I have no problem with crew taking a break. They are entitled as we all are at work. I take my breaks at work, that doesn't prevent my boss from giving me a kicking for poor performance. A break is one thing, ensuring that the crew got all their duty frees is another. I fully appreciate that the crew have a difficult job to do, and I don't assume to know it all because I drive a "puddle jumper". As I work in a related industry, that works along side crews at times, I know what the job entails.

To be fair, had I paid £20 each way I probably wouldn't have an issue, I would accept that I get what I paid for, but when I could have taken the family to New York for only a couple of hundred quid more, then I expect £600 worth of service. You might note that I am not complaining about the flight down to PMI, the service was outstanding, with a professional crew, that required those listening to I-pods and reading to pack it in for a few moments, which they did.

As for TMS your first post was original and witty. Sadly the original bits weren't witty and the witty bits weren't original. Is there any begining to your talents??????