PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEFO/Conditions of Service 2007 Hot Oil
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2006, 03:00
BScaler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bloggs

I see your point. However, in order to allow everyone to focus on one thing at a time, I would advocate concentrating debate on one topic at a time.

It can be quite a complicated issue to get your head around. What I would not like to see happen is someone take a cursory glance at all this, decide that it doesn't affect them, and vote for it just because that is what the AOA GC want them to do. That would be an 'apathy vote'.

Forget about new Joiners for a moment. This will affect every one of us current serving pilots in future if it is allowed to be voted in. Consider these points:
1) If CoS 07 is allowed to be put to New Joiners in January then we will have shot ourselves in the foot in subsequent pay negotiations because the Company will claim that CoS 07 is now where the market stands, and that we voted for it!
2) After B-Scale CoS were introduced in 1993, and despite Company assurances that A Scale CoS would be left alone, COSAP 94 came about, directly affecting A Scale CoS. For the worse. Remember eight weeks leave reduced to six weeks...? And what is more, A Scalers have not had a pay rise since, although they have had a pay cut.

We should, as the famous saying goes, study history so as to avoid it repeating itself. This CoS 07 agreement needs to be voted down comprehensively.

Thanks for starting a new thread!