PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEFO/Conditions of Service 2007 Hot Oil
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2006, 19:36
BusyB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BScaler,

You have put a very fair case against COS07 which is well worth debate and discussion. I have read the responses in the AOA forums which have explained/rebuted a number of your points but not all.

I don't see you accepting those statements yet you expect everyone to accept yours!

I also see you putting words into the GC's mouth
"AOA GC have not given this agreement a ringing endorsement, they have put it to the membership for a vote.

In previous correspondence, the AOA intimated that as the two parties were so far apart on the topic of 'Extension of Retirement Age Beyond 55', it was not worth them putting anything to the membership because they could not be confident of a positive vote.

By inference, then, the AOA GC have put the agreement on DEFO and CoS 07 up for a vote to the membership, and by proxy, support the agreement"

The GC have stated that this is the best they can negotiate and have given the unexpurgated facts without spin for the members to vote on. I now see you putting spin on and words into others mouths. Not very edifying!!

Lets have all the arguments for and against, without any spin, and let the members decide on the facts which way to vote.