PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What the hell are we supposed to do?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2006, 13:18
tudeski2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wing,

I will post this knowing that someone somewhere will shoot me down in flames. I am still at the very beginning of my training and studying for my ATPL's. I know the cost involved in training and I know how hard it is to get a job at the end of it. But I want to fly so much it is worth the risk. I have a mortgage and other bills to pay. So my plan. Simple I keep my job as police officer and plod on ( excuse the pun ) with earning money to pay for my training. It will take me a lot longer than the intergrated route, a hell of a lot longer but it's worth it. Get your job back in the IT industry and instruct P/T. You will have a good wage coming in and you will keep the bank happy. Fly ing P/T will also keep the hours coming in, and cost you nothing.
I dont know anything about aviation recruitment as I am not at that stage, and so can't say what they are looking for in people, but I have never met you ,and the opinion I form of you is that of a very negative person and that WILL be apparent when people meet you and will hinder you when looking for jobs. First opinions always count mate, so cheer up, get your old job back in IT and get applying for those flying jobs, even if it is only air taxi work. It's still a flying job and thats what we all want.