PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEFO/Conditions of Service 2007 Hot Oil
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2006, 09:00
BScaler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DESO

Mach75

I will attempt to answer your questions, but you may wish to confirm with Cathay yourself.
a) if the agreement is voted in, and you join after Jan 1st 2007, then you will be employed under CoS 07;
b) the Company saves alot of money by basing Officers out of Hong Kong because they do not have to pay Expatriate Benefits. CoS 07 will allow the Company to recruit First Officers directly to a base. The company will want to exploit this situation as much as possible, so it would be fair to assume that your chances of getting a base when you upgrade to First Officer eventually would be lower than at present.

Mach75, I am working real hard to have this proposal voted down comprehensively because I do not want to have to look you in the eye when you join this Company and say that I had a part in voting to allow the Company to introduce lower conditions than that we presently enjoy. This Company can continue to profitably grow without the introduction of CoS 07.

I know you are between a rock and a hard place in coming to a decision as to how to proceed. Perhaps you could ask the Company the title and details of the CoS you would be joining under when you get offered the job. That would give you the best information.