PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SkyAirlines land at EPKS instead of EPPO
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2006, 07:11
vunzke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear CANOPUS

Turkey is a very progressive Islamic country and I don't think that an all female crew would be out of the question.
I totally agree and you are right, even totally female cockpit would be possible. however in the nedia and among the "general public" this would still be considdered "not done"

With regard to the captain of the either of these flights whether or not he/she was pilot flying at the time you can rest assured that it will be for the captain to answer ultimately for this error.
Again, I agree, however in the media this was not the case. I even feel that none of the pilots needed to be named in the article.

It is notable that there has been little "international" media interest in these incidents as opposed to the Eirjet incident at Ballykelly in Northern Ireland this past March. Why the sudden lack of interest at the major news agencies?
Anything that might hurt the aviation industry in Turkey would be kept out of the press as much as possible since it would hurt the already not so good "face" of Turkish aviation. In many cases a true thing but in many cases also not.

These type of incidents continue to happen, even on the most advanced types of aircraft and at the at the biggest and best of airlines.
And again I agree. Be sure I would be the LAST one to say this could never happen to me. Mistakes happen, even these ones, they shouldnt but they do, and depending on the circumstances and workload etc in the cockpit we all f*** up in some stage of our aviation carreer. Thing is, IF you decide to go public on it then at least be (wo)man enough to admit it.