PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ZB 533 01/09/06 ex PMI
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2006, 17:03
cessna l plate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZB 533 01/09/06 ex PMI

Firstly, if you were part of the operating crew of this flight, then await the call from your bosses, my letter is in the post!!

I have never witnessed such a shambles of an in flight service before. Nothing appeared to be in either galley, thus the CC spent much of the flight ferrying stuff from one galley to another. The supplies were woeful, please don't tell me that you can sell out of sandwiches inside 15 rows!

But, I would most like to know why it took the senior crew member, someone who should really know and deliver better, 50 minutes to carry out a drinks service to a mere 9 rows.

Furthermore, I personally don't appreciate the "heavy" sales pitch for "hello magazine". That was obviously a crew member sat at the back with a copy on his lap trying to make it sound interesting, by reading the front cover, in order to shift a few. I personally couldn't give a toss who got married last week. And neither should you! It sounds un-proffesional in the extreme. Perhaps if a little less time had been spent in the "staff shop" at PMI, and a little more on board the aircraft, then this might not have happened.

That is the whinge over, now we move onto the rant......

I fully appreciate that cabin service is an "added extra", and that the primary function of the CC is that of flight safety. Please then explain to me why from where I was sat, I could see at least 6 pax who thought that the daily telegraph was more interesting that a video on how to get out of a burning aircraft. If they want to die in ignorance, that is their choice, however, there is a duty on the commander of an aircraft (I assume delegated to CC) to ensure that all passengers are aware of emergency procedures, how to use life vests, operate seat belts and doors. (If anyone wants to be pedantic I will happliy quote the appropriate section of the ANO) Yet the crew, who have this done for them by a video walked past several of these numpties without a word!!

This is shocking, the worst service I have ever experienced, and from what appears to be a somewhat inept crew that cannot even perform a very basic primary function.

My letter to Monarch is in the post!!!!!