PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan to the Sky, The End? (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2006, 14:27
iank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hollywood285
This project needs to be run by Pros's, even if it does not make a profit it will still have to break even, whats the hourly cost of a Vulcan when you take into account, fuel, repairs, insurance, staff, i bet there's not going to be much change out of 10k, how many hours a year will it fly?
I'm sorry how will prostitutes know how to run the project well - I presume that's what you meant by Pros's?

If you meant Pro's and it was just a typo then who would you put in charge of engineering instead of a guy who was with Cisco in the UK when it had 15 employees to someone who left it with 100's of employees? I think yesterday proves that there is a will for this project to succeed unfortunately the previous PR campaign didn't recognise that and put the wrong spin on things.

There is a new fundraising team on it's way based on the team that raised £1.3m when everyone else said it couldn't be done - and before you say, as a supporter I never thought it would be a case of raise money for flight and walk away, I expect to keep giving each year it flies as do Sally B's supporters!! A pro team is in charge - today is Sept 1st and in little over 4 months the Vulcan will fly again!