PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What the hell are we supposed to do?
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2006, 23:49
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 268 Likes on 107 Posts
Lucifer

People are forced into a training environment that puts them in the frame of mind to succeed

This training environment being an impersonal sausage factory that puts them in the frame of mind that they somehow are advantages by their 70k outlay and the early opportunity to where airline style outfits replete with gold bars.

- they are forced to work on a course that runs full time and are trained constantly while not being left to hour build and develop habits.

Could be read that they are unable to organise and achieve their own study goals and need constant monitoring and encouragement to succeed in training. Nobody hours builds any more - modular and integrated hours are very close. The days of bowling around the skies building up to 700hrs to magically upgrade a BCPL are long gone.

You fall into the trap of thinking that somehow a recruiter can measure "desire" and "love" for the job. All they are looking for is a commodity, and I don't think your post helps wannabes to realise that they are ultimately required to be employees who fit the mould.

I think a recruiter looks at license, how they come across at interview and how they perform in the sim ride. If I blindfolded any recruiter to the fact that 20 candidates came from an Integrated and 20 came from Modular then I swear the recruiter couldn't tell the difference from their licenses, their interview performance or their simride. And what is this mould that they must fit? I look around my crew room and you'd struggle to find a broader mix of personalities and flying historys. There is no mould.

Cheers