PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Life in Monarch Air 2000 Airtours JMC
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2001, 20:06
ia1166

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd have to agree with knows. you have to look at the whole package. moving into the left seat is nice but i'd rather spend a few more years in the rhs at BA than in the LHS of any charter outfit. I'd also like to know which charter airline offers a better pension than BA. Check out the number of roster requests you have. I can ask for 4 days plus a non ops day per 4 week roster. put a request in at the end and start of a roster and you have 10 days off every 7 weeks. couple it with first class id90's on almost every major airline for you and the family and heavily discounted hotels and you have a very nice life indeed. i've been all over the world this year and I have yet another 3 weeks off in November. I've worked for a couple of charter outfits in the UK and had a great time although over summer i was always tired and could never seem to get to BBQ's, sports events etc cause they always happened at weekends. My advice is if you want to live in the UK join BA. everyone else tried to get in but won't admit they failed. ( I'm going to sit under the table now to avoid the incoming )