PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hollywood in Dambusters Remake!
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2006, 20:36
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by cazatou
At least in the original film the aircraft were Lancasters flown by RAF crews; the Technical Advisor was Sqn Ldr HB (Micky) Martin DSO DFC & Bar and the Actor who played Wg Cdr Gibson was (in WW2) Lt R Todd MC (7th Battalion Parachute Regt) who, on D Day, was the first to arrive with his platoon at Pegasus Bridge in support of the Glider borne Troops of the Ox & Bucks Light Infantry.
Now, where do you find a team who would have one tenth of one percent of the actual WW2 knowledge of that team?
Sqn Ldr Micky Martin?

From Scapegoat 2004>> Having recently inherited a ltd edition print I would welcome some info into it's origin and history. It's entitled 'Tribute to 617 Squadron Past and Present' by John Pettitt from 1986. It's signed by the artist and and is number 77 of 500. It is signed by 8 former 617 Sqn aircrew: AM Sir Harold Martin, Gp Capt G L Cheshire, Gp Capt J B Tait, Wg Cdr P J J Day, Sqn Ldrs G E Fawke, T C Iveson & D J Shannon and Flt Lt R S D Kearns. Grateful for any info.

Scapegoat