PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So how bad is the charter bridge to the sandpit
Old 31st Aug 2006, 19:06
Scribbly Bloke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Al Udeid - Ptb Improvements

Ladies & Gents,

I have read with interest the comments made over the past few weeks about the PTB at Al Udeid. It is unfortunate that the facility is poor, however, I have it on very good authority that a number of improvements have been/will be made to the PTB. Firstly, the aircon has been sorted; 2 new powerful units have already been installed in one of the tents and the other should be completed in the next week. I understand that this has made a significant improvement already and the passengers have appreciated the better conditions.

The toilets are also being replaced - 2 new 'toilet trailers' have been procured and will be in use from the first week of October.

In addition, they are also looking at providing Paradigm SAT Phones in order for personnel to phone home and inform their families, if there is a delay. I also understand that the tented PTB's are only temporary as a purpose built facility will be provided around May 07.

Whilst there is no excuse for poor facilities, given the amount of pax transiting through, it looks as though Al Udeid has made every effort to improve conditions, which is good.

Yours aye

Scribbly Bloke