PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet - 2
Thread: Easyjet - 2
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2006, 19:16
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CaptJ
I see that easyjet has restarted its rolling program of cancellations.
selected late flights to/from Stansted,Luton,Belfast and selected midday flights to/from Glasgow and Edinburgh have been cancelled so far.
I was a victim of easyJet's penchant for cancelling flights wholesale as if this is some form of acceptable business practice.

In June my BRS-EDI-BRS flights were cancelled and I later discovered that around sixty BRS to EDI and GLA flights were cancelled that month. Since then I have kept an eye on BRS and there have been numerous easyJet flights cancelled through the summer to/from other destinations.

Because I have been a satisfied customer of theirs in the past I determined to give them another go and on 5 August booked a daytrip BRS-NCL-BRS, flying on 25 September.

Last Friday I received an email saying the outbound had been cancelled - 'for operational reasons' which is their euphemism for no crew.

I was given the choice of getting my money back, including any journey made 'where the flight no longer serves the purpose of the original flight plan', which I take to mean the return leg, since the outbound has been cancelled and I can't get to Newcastle to fly back, or of choosing another date (if available) within one month.

It cost me 80 pence in phone calls to get my money back for the cancelled Edinburgh flights in June (both legs were cancelled then), because although I booked on line easyJet will only refund via the phone at an enhanced phone charge.

They have my money for a month, cancel the flight then charge me to get my money back.

I have checked the easyJet timetable for Sept out of BRS and 24 NCL flights, 32 BFS and another 40-odd flights to/from other destinations appear to have been cancelled already.

easyJet will not reply to correspondence. I even tried Bristol Airport to get their opinion on their biggest operator's behaviour but apart from an acknowledgement to my email (sent on 24 July) promising a detailed reply I have heard nothing.

This has turned a loyal and supportive customer of the airline into someone who would not fly with them in future if they gave me a free ticket.

I'm just thankful my cancelled flights were day trips and there were no hotel and car hire expenses.

Last edited by MerchantVenturer; 30th Aug 2006 at 19:48.